Alumni video instructions
Instructions for video:
- Keep the video to 2-3 minutes long. Make sure to introduce yourself, including your degree and graduating class.
- Upload the video to the personal platform of your choice (e.g. YouTube), ensuring that the privacy is set to “public.” This way, we can favorite your video and/ or share it via our social media channels. We may also choose to feature your video on our YouTube channel and/or website.
- Keep all your original video footage and submit the link to your video using the Share Your Story form.
Share your enthusiasm with fellow ASU and College of Global Futures alumni, parents, current and prospective students, faculty and staff, friends and donors.
- Email [email protected] if you would like to be contacted about assistance with video creation.
- Create your own edited video using still photos and the voiceover function.
- Use background music. Please only use music from these royalty-free websites: freesound.org, audiomicro.com and incompetech.com.
- Film yourself answering questions using a phone or computer webcam.
- Have someone else film you and ask questions.
- Record your place of work/provide an overview of your job, describing what an average work day is like for you.
- Interview co-workers.
- Talk about your experience as a student.
- If you are in Arizona, take a trip down memory lane by filming on campus (example: https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/reunion/video).
- Wear an ASU, college, or school shirt, especially if you have an alumni one!
Possible questions to discuss in video (Choose 1 or 2):
- Why did you choose your major/program/career path?
- What did you learn from your degree?
- What types of jobs can graduates get?
- How does your current job relate to what you studied?
- What does the future of this industry look like?
- Who was most influential during your time at ASU?
- What did you enjoy most while you were a student?
- Which class was your favorite and why?
Examples of videos from other Universities (for inspiration):
- Ohio State Celebrating Alumni: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL87702201661CAB72&feature=plcp
- Princeton: http://www.princeton.edu/engineering/alumni
- Miami University: http://miamioh.edu/cas/alumni/videos/index.html